Getting Funded Course
About the Course
The goal of the Getting Funded course is to equip faculty and staff with the knowledge, experience, and resources necessary to successfully pursue external grant funding. Each web-based learning module includes videos, instructional documents, activities, and resources and can be completed at the participant’s own pace. Each module will end with a web-based quiz submission that will trigger feedback and a link to the next module. Ideally, participants will work through each step of the process with a goal of submitting a completed grant proposal following course completion.
The course is designed to specifically target EKU faculty and staff with an interest in submitting competitive grant proposals for funding to support research, instruction, or service projects to be conducted as part of EKU’s mission.
Course Learning Modules
The course is divided into the following seven learning modules:
- Getting Started: Introduction to Sponsored Project Funding
- The Money Hunt: Finding and Evaluating External Funding Opportunities
- Preparing for Success: Creating a Proposal Development Plan
- Making the Case: Writing an Effective Proposal Narrative
- Money Matters: Preparing a Compliant Budget that Meets Project Needs
- Getting It Out: Finalizing and Submitting the Application Package
- After Submission: Understanding the Review Process and Responding to Review Results
The Getting Funded course can be started at any time. To request registration, complete the registration form below.