Estimated Fringe Benefits Rates for FY 2019 Sponsored Projects
In order to assist with budgeting on sponsored project proposals, the following rates are provided as estimates for FY 2019:
- Faculty with 9-month appointments: 46.5%
- Staff with KTRS or ORP Retirement and Faculty with Extended Appointments: 46.5%
- Staff with KERS Retirement: 113.0%
- Staff with Hazardous Duty Retirement: 54.7%
- Retirement Transition Program Employees and Previous Retirees: 31.6%
- Part Time Employees without Benefits: 8.4%
- Students: 0.8%
Within the context of the current budget climate, there is uncertainty regarding benefits costs for the upcoming fiscal year. The estimated rates above may increase or decrease prior to the beginning of the fiscal year. All awarded sponsored projects will be charged the final rates, regardless of the rates budgeted. Budget revisions will be necessary for awards without a sufficient amount of funds allocated to cover benefits costs.
Effective immediately, these rates should be used for all proposed budgets with salaries and wages to be paid for work performed on or after July 1, 2018.
Please feel free to contact our office with any questions.
Published on January 25, 2018