Internal Funding Opportunities
Internal funding is available to support faculty research and scholarship through the following programs.
- University-Funded Scholarship Program: Faculty Mini Grants and Major Project Awards
- University-Funded Scholarship Program: Dissemination Support
- Research Enhancement Grant Program
- President's Research and Scholarship Fund: Travel Grants
The University-Funded Scholarship grant program provides support for faculty to engage in research, scholarship and creative activities. UFS grants are competitively awarded based on the review and recommendations of the University Research Committee (URC).
Faculty Mini-Grants: Awards of up to $3,000 will be made to support faculty scholarly and creative activities where resource needs are modest and in areas where opportunities for external funding are extremely limited.
Major Project Awards: Awards of up to $10,000 will be made as seed grants for the purpose of obtaining significant external funding. Applicants must identify a targeted external funding agency in their application and must agree to submit a proposal to the agency within one year of project completion.
- Submission Deadlines: Monday, October 21, 2019 and Monday, February 17, 2020
- Program Guidelines (updated for Fall 2019)
- Application Template (updated for Fall 2019)
- Applications are accepted online through InfoReady ReviewTM only. The application window will close at 4:30 PM on the deadline day, and the submission system will not be accessible after this time.
Dissemination Support: Awards of up to $500 will be made to provide support to faculty who have been funded through the University-Funded Scholarship (UFS) Program for the purpose of disseminating results of their research and/or creative activities. The Dissemination Support Program is open to faculty who have completed a UFS project within the two-year period preceding the Dissemination Support request submission date. Support is limited to one conference or page charges for one article during each fiscal year and matching funds are required.
- Submission Deadline: At least two weeks prior to the date of departure for travel support or at least two weeks prior to the date page charge contracts need to be signed.
- Program Guidelines
- Applications are accepted online through the InfoReady ReviewTM System
The Research Enhancement Grant (REG) program is a new opportunity for the University to support faculty who have previously secured external funding awards and to facilitate the obtainment of additional awards. The program will initially be piloted for a period of five years, subject to funding availability on an annual basis. REG awards will be made on a competitive basis following a formal review process with the first competition launched in Fall 2019. Research Enhancement Grants are competitively awarded based on the review and recommendations of the University Research Committee (URC).
- Submission Deadline: Monday, September 16, 2019 at 4:30 PM
- Program Guidelines
- Application Form
- Applications are accepted online through InfoReady Review only. The application window will close at 4:30 PM on the deadline day, and the submission system will not be accessible after this time.