Internal Funding Opportunities
Internal funding is available to support faculty research and scholarship through the following programs.
- University-Funded Scholarship Program: Faculty Mini Grants and Major Project Awards
- University-Funded Scholarship Program: Dissemination Support
- President's Research and Scholarship Fund: Travel Grants
The Office of Graduate Education and Research, through the Division of Sponsored Programs, provides support for faculty to engage in research, scholarship and creative activities. University Funded Scholarship (UFS) grants are competitively awarded based on the review and recommendations of the University Research Committee (URC).
Faculty Mini-Grants: Awards of up to $3,000 will be made to support faculty scholarly and creative activities where resource needs are modest and in areas where opportunities for external funding are extremely limited.
Major Project Awards: Awards of up to $10,000 will be made as seed grants for the purpose of obtaining significant external funding. Applicants must identify a targeted external funding agency in their application and must agree to submit a proposal to the agency within one year of project completion.
- Submission Deadlines: Monday, October 22, 2018 at 4:30 PM and Monday, Feburary 18, 2019 at 4:30 PM
- Program Guidelines
- Application Template (required)
- Applications are accepted online only. The application window will open approximately one month in advance of the deadline each semester. The application window will close at 4:30 PM on the deadline day, and the submission system will not be accessible after this time.
Dissemination Support: Awards of up to $500 will be made to provide support to faculty who have been funded through the University-Funded Scholarship (UFS) Program for the purpose of disseminating results of their research and/or creative activities. The Dissemination Support Program is open to faculty who have completed a UFS project within the two-year period preceding the Dissemination Support request submission date. Support is limited to one conference or page charges for one article during each fiscal year and matching funds are required.
- Submission Deadline: At least two weeks prior to the date of departure for travel support or at least two weeks prior to the date page charge contracts need to be signed.
- Program Guidelines
- Applications are accepted online through the InfoReady ReviewTM System