President’s Research and Scholarship Fund Travel Grants
This program is currently suspended for FY 2021
In 2015, in recognition of the vital role of faculty scholarship, the University’s President and Board of Regents Chair established the President’s Research and Scholarship Fund, which supports the Travel Grant Program. Travel support is provided to tenured / tenure-track faculty for the purpose of disseminating results of their research and/or creative activities. Faculty may receive support for one trip during a fiscal year. Support is only granted for projects that result in the dissemination of research and creative activities or field/archival work. Administrative functions at conferences such as panel chairs or respondents will not be supported. Funding for the program is limited so faculty are encouraged to submit requests as early as possible. All requests should include a notification of acceptance from the conference, meeting, or exhibit. Because of funding limitations, the program is unable to support multiple authors on a single paper/presentation.
- All tenured or tenure-track faculty members with instructional responsibility are eligible to apply, including department chairs, directors, and coordinators.
- Library Faculty are eligible to apply.
- Deans, Associate Deans and other faculty members in full-time administrative roles are not eligible to apply.
- Lecturers, Clinical, and Visiting faculty members are not eligible to apply.
- Eligible faculty may receive only one travel grant per fiscal year.
- University Fellow awardees are ineligible to apply for PRSF Travel grants during their University Fellow award year.
Travel grants in the amount of $500 can be requested for accepted peer-reviewed, invited, or juried presentations, performances, or exhibits at regional, national, or international conferences, field work, or archival work. Funding is expected to be available to support up to 59 grants annually, and at least half of the available funding will be reserved for use in the spring and summer terms. For the purpose of record-keeping, the fiscal year is identified by the date of return. For example, any travel that occurs after June 30, 2020 will be counted in FY 2021, regardless of whether the request for funds occurred prior to that date.
To apply for a Travel Grant:
- Click here to access the application system.
- Click the Apply button to the right.
- Log in as an EKU user using EKU credentials (email address and password).
- Complete the information fields, including contact information for the applicant and department, details for the conference and presentation, departure and return dates, and cost information.
- Attach documentation of acceptance for the conference presentation, or in the case of field work or archival work, attach a justification of up to one page for the travel request.
- Click the Submit button.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but must be received no later than five business days prior to the departure date. Upon award, the applicant and department will receive notification by email with instructions for requesting reimbursement for the award. Per University policy, travel vouchers must be submitted within 60 days of travel and by the deadlines for the relevant fiscal year. Funds for an award cannot be guaranteed outside this timeframe.