Estimated Fringe Benefits Rates for FY 2021
Estimated fringe benefits rates for FY 2021 are now available. The rates below apply to all proposed budgets with salaries and wages to be paid for work performed on or after July 1, 2020.
- Faculty with 9-month appointments: 36.3%
- Staff with KTRS or ORP Retirement and Faculty with Extended Appointments: 36.5%
- Staff with KERS Retirement: 120.5%
- Staff with Hazardous Duty Retirement: 59.5%
- Retirement Transition Program Employees and Previous Retirees (part-time): 21.6%
- Part Time Employees without Benefits: 8.4%
- Students hired through Student Employment*: 0.8%
*If students are not hired through Student Employment (i.e., because they are not registered for enough hours to qualify for student employment), they must be budgeted as part-time employees with the benefits rate of 8.4%.
Currently, these rates represent the University's best estimates for FY 2021. The final rates may be higher or lower at the beginning of the fiscal year. All awarded sponsored projects will be charged the final rates, regardless of the rates budgeted. Budget revisions will be necessary for awards without a sufficient amount of funds allocated to cover benefits costs.
Published on January 24, 2020