New Research Enhancement Grant Program
The Research Enhancement Grant (REG) program is a new opportunity for the University to support faculty who have previously secured external funding awards and to facilitate the obtainment of additional awards. The program will initially be piloted for a period of five years, subject to funding availability on an annual basis. REG awards will be made on a competitive basis following a formal review process with the first competition launched in Fall 2019.
The REG program has three fundamental goals:
- To provide opportunities to enhance research conducted by University faculty and students;
- To reward faculty who have secured external funding through the University; and
- To equip faculty for success in future external funding requests.
To be eligible for REG funding, faculty must meet the following criteria:
- Faculty member must hold a full-time tenured or tenure-track position.
- Faculty member must have secured at least one externally-funded award through EKU in the five-year period preceding the application.
- No more than one REG award can be received during a two-year period.
- In order to apply for a subsequent REG award, the faculty member must have submitted a proposal for external funding following the previous award and fulfilled all REG reporting requirements.
The REG program supports activities in three tracks:
- Research Project Support
- Publication Development Support
- Grant Proposal Development Support
Funding may be requested for a single academic term of support. Eligible faculty may propose support in one or more track, and student involvement in all tracks is encouraged. Summer support may include faculty summer salary, and academic year support may include faculty reassigned time from a single three-hour course for one semester. A work plan for the term of support and a detailed budget are required as part of the application process.
The Fall 2019 submission deadline is Monday, September 16, 2019, at 4:30 PM. The application system will not be available after 4:30 PM.
Published on August 12, 2019